This is my blog of Bigpond Telstra Foxtel Cable Modem Outages.
It has become a constant and I need to document to support a claim.
Another 20 minute outage in Croydon Vic 3136 at 1345 to 1405 Thursday 1st Nov 2018.
Powered modem down and up, no change. Disconnected fully and reconnected, powered up again. Still no Internet green light at 1455. Started to configure my alternative notebook via iPhone to get connectivity and at 1405 Internet ‘magically’ appears.
That is not modem or cable fault. It is a technician changing stuff and power down / power up of kit at the exchange. I am certain of it and it has been happening ever since the NBN roll-out started in my area.
I’ve used Bigpond Cable (alongside Foxtel) as my broadband provider for over 10 years and recently the top level plan of 60G is proving to be problematic with slight over-runs costing a small fortune @ $0.15 per Mbyte particularly when I cannot figure out what is using the bandwidth.
So as a starting point I used a freebie bandwidth meter on all the pc’s we use at home. This was ok as it provided some guidance as to usage stats but they did not relate to the actual Bigpond Usage page which is what I get billed for.
So today I’ve installed the last release of the Usage Agent by Christiaan Cable from SourceForge. Now this is no longer supported but the source is available if it needs mods but for now it will do what I need to alert the family as we progress through the month.
I also looked at these locations as references:
http://www.wpool.com/bpwatcher/ (Installed but too many errors)