Search for ‘compare responsive frameworks’ and you are lead to an array of blog posts and commentaries on the topic.
I do not propose to reiterate stuff already said by others, but simply to consider what the frameworks might mean for me and the environment that I intend to apply a framework to.
My references are currently:
- Vermillion Blog from Oct 2012
- A very similar post at the Ektron site in April 2013
- A thoughful commentary from Jen Kramer in Smashing Magzine Feb 2014 which appears to draw on her earlier post Aug 2013 as a consequence of her lynda.com training titles on the frameworks.
- A selection of thoughts on 6 frameworks at Gridgum May 2014
- A chart of common tools that still need details at Social Compare Sept 2014
- and a longer list at the Awwwards site from a few years back
Regardless, of which framework, apparently consideration of which stylesheet language is used by the framework is another consideration. Is one ‘better’ than another or just ‘different’ ?
…and I have a lot of reading to do. My goal is to better understand options beyond the non-responsive Blueprint CSS framework that I have been using with osCmax.